History/Founders of Epsilon Omega
Women educators in Fort Bend County had their first association with The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International, through a Houston chapter, Gamma. On April 23,1932, Gamma established Alpha Iota in Wharton. This chapter included fifteen charter members from Wharton and three other surrounding counties: Brazoria, Fort Bend, and Matagorda. Mattye Schulze, a Fort Bend resident, was elected as the first president of the chapter. At this time Delta Kappa Gamma had only been in existence for three years.
In 1948, due to membership growth and the inconvenience of traveling for long distances, Brazoria members established Delta Delta. About twelve years later on February 20, 1960, state officers and Alpha Iota members met in Needville to sponsor two new chapters, one for Fort Bend, Epsilon Omega and one for Matagorda, Zeta Alpha.
Another charter member of Alpha Iota, Pauline Yelderman, served as the first president of the newly formed chapter, Epsilon Omega. As the chapter grew, there was a realization that a chapter was needed in East Fort Bend County. To fulfill that need the Lambda Sigma Chapter was established in Missouri City.